Month of October , 2007
ICWales.co.uk , Nov 1, 2007
PAUL Potts’s rise to international stardom continued last week, when he filmed an appearance on America’s highest-rated talk show, the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Paul filmed his performance last week but it will not be broadcast until next month.
He will be seen singing Nessun Dorma after his talk with the multiple-Emmy Award winning host.
Speaking about appearance, Paul said: “I never believed I would end up doing things like that for a living.
“I wasn’t sure whether I really had it because I always felt that to get anywhere in this business I would need to have proper formal training and I couldn’t afford that.”
One Chance reviewed by sydneyanglicans.net
From humble beginnings has sprung a bright new opera star – Paul Potts. And, if his first album is anything to go by, this star will be burning brightly for a long time. For an ex-mobile phone salesman, Potts is doing surprisingly well for himself.
Potts has released his debut album, One Chance, on the back of his Britain’s Got Talent success. And what a good album it is.
He has tackled some of the standards of classical opera, however his interpretation of them is original. He has given them a fresh new sound, without sacrificing any of the class and sophistication of the original versions.
Here are links that sell Paul Potts Tickets
** I don' t know these websites, I do not guarantee their credibility.
- Paul Potts Tickets in London (GL) at Carling Apollo Hammersmith
- ticketnetwork.com - 13 events in Jan-Feb 2008 (added Nov 19, 07)
- Paul Potts in Oxford, OX - Wednesday 02/06/2008 7:30 PM (added Nov 19, 07)
- Ticketmaster.co.uk (added Nov 6, 07)
- ticketluck.com/categories/Paul-Potts/Paul-Potts-Secc/index.php (added Nov 5, 07)
This link may not last too long.
This is how to download Paul Potts MP3 "Everyone Hurts"
Go to this webpage at EOnline and right click on the link - and save target as...
Hope it still works.
Oct 28, 07 - ICWales.co.uk
Click here for a complete article - Singing star Potts’ IVF joy
THE family of singing sensation Paul Potts has spoken of their joy that his wife is due to undergo IVF treatment in their bid to have children.
The Britain’s Got Talent winner, whose debut album went to number one in 12 countries, has been trying to start a family with wife Julie-Ann for four years.
And her mum, Maureen Cooper, has revealed her daughter’s secret ambition – she wants QUADS.
After failing to conceive naturally, and with the huge cost of fertility treatment way beyond their means, the couple had given up hope of ever having a baby of their own.
A very short article, you really don't have to visit this page. (Here's a full article)
Paul Potts has a thing for a TV enteior designer Anna Ryder Richardson (43).
Click here for a full article (very short) and a Youtube clip of Anna Ryder Richardson
Sony BMG will release 2 CD Christmas edition of One Chance.
Scheduled release date is November 26, 2007.
But... only 4 songs on CD2 ? Why not 12-16 songs? Christmas songs are especially short.
** What's the English translation for CD2 - Track 4? That doesn't sound clean.
1. NESSUN DORMA
2. CON TE PARTIRÃ’ (TIME TO SAY GOODBYE)
3. NELLA FANTASIA
6. MUSIC OF THE NIGHT
10. POR TI SERÃ‰ (YOU RAISE ME UP)
11. A MI MANERA (MY WAY)
12. OGNUNO SOFFRE (EVERYBODY HURTS)
1. O HOLY NIGHT
2. SILENT NIGHT
3. AVE MARIA
4. PANIS ANGELICUS
This page will be updated as I get more information.
Paul Potts TV schedule for Oprah Winfrey Show is announced for Nov 6, 2007
Click below for official press release
Paul Potts to Perform on Oprah On Nov. 6th
Paul Potts already taped Oprah Winfrey show when he dropped by the US for the second time.
I will keep you updated, I will try to record the show for you
Potts enjoys wild ride from penury to opera star
Article from Reuters
Just five months ago, amateur opera singer Paul Potts was mired in debt and selling cell phones in Britain. Now he has a hit album and is due to tour the world.
Potts, a stocky 37-year-old Englishman with crooked teeth, entered and won the "Britain's Got Talent" television show in June in front of more than 13 million viewers and then signed a recording deal reportedly worth $2 million.
His debut album, "One Chance," has topped charts around the world including Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
"I have done more things in the last four months than I would ever have expected to do in my whole lifetime," Potts told Reuters in an interview. "It's mind-boggling."
Digital Spy covered this October 21, 207
It's a very short article that you really don't need to click the link but..
Click here for a complete article
Paul Potts' wife starts IVF treatment to have baby.
They have always wanted baby.
They say twins run on their family
His No. 1 debut on Amazon.ca may have been usurped by Robert Plant and Alison Kraus's Raising Sand, but you know that Potts' CD will still be Top 10 many months after that release is forgotten.
Another triumph for Simon Cowell's Syco Music, and the pop-era genre it pushes, the 10-song album gives you the signature tune "Nessun Dorma" and mega followup "Time to Say Goodbye," as well as an Italian-ized version of R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts (Ognuno Sofere)" and the obligatory Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber number "Music of the Night."
It was bloody brilliant.
The segment on last summer's latest reality rip-off Britain's Got Talent showed Paul Potts, the cellphone salesman with a chipped tooth from South Wales. Backstage, he looked as ill at ease as anyone could be. Speaking on camera as if he had a mouthful of marbles, he described his chronic lack of self-confidence.
Then onstage he came, still just as awkward and looking like bait for bullying, something he admitted had indeed been the case. The ubiquitous Simon Cowell and the other two judges gave their condescending go-ahead. It was then that, unlike like the other pop-oriented acts on the show, Potts starts singing Puccini's Nessun Dorma. Like Pavarotti himself. The camera shows a granny in the audience, bless her, wiping away a tear. Potts hits the high notes. The audience rises to its feet.
A few days later, he wins the contest.
A toss of a 10-pence piece. Fifty-fifty odds of it not landing heads up. But it did.
Paul Potts' entire life had changed forever.
That toss determined whether the gap-toothed Car Phone Warehouse sales manager would audition for Britain's Got Talent. There, in a clip that's become a worldwide hit on YouTube, the soft-spoken fella with a dream to be an opera singer nailed Puccini's "Nessun Dorma" and won over not only legendary scowler judge Simon Cowell, but also everyone who tuned in.
Oct 18, 2007, thestar.com
If you've ever seen Paul Potts, you won't be surprised to hear that his road to fame and fortune started with the toss of a coin.
The Welsh-born tenor, who turned 37 last Saturday, was the manager of a cellphone store just a few months ago. On a whim, he filled out the online application for the television talent show Britain's Got Talent.
"I thought it would be great to have a chance to sing at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff," he says during a Toronto media stop yesterday afternoon.
"Then I got to the bottom of the form and I thought, do I apply or not?" he remembers. "I wasn't sure if I thought I had enough talent, or if I was too old, or if I was what they were looking for.
"So, in the end, I took a 10-pence piece out of my pocket and decided to toss it. Heads and I would send the application in," he recalls.
Paul Potts, on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos.
October 17, 2007, http://www.cbc.ca/
British tenor Paul Potts has travelled from cellphone salesman to hit recording artist in a matter of months, and the journey has left him nothing short of astonished.
Potts was the winner of the first Britain's Got Talent this summer and has since issued an album that hit No. 1 in the U.K.
He was an unlikely choice for a reality TV star, singing opera amid a field of pop wannabes, but he seems to have hit a chord with viewers in the U.S. and the U.K.
"To be honest, even finding myself recording an album was astonishing for me," said Potts. "To find myself going to so many different places and meeting so many friendly people is astounding."
Oct 17, 07: Paul Potts - Opera's Very Own Cinderfella -
The lore and legend of opera thrives on the fact that every once in a dozen blue moons a star can be born, rising from nowhere. There are stories about the prima donna who, in a fit of temperament refuses to sing, only to be replaced by the shy young understudy who rockets to stardom. I attended a performance of Simone Boccanegra at the Metropolitan Opera where the soprano, whose name I now forget, but of star quality, was ill, only to be replaced by Aprile Millo, who blew away the critics with her exquisite performance of Amelia. My mother still tells the story of the evening she finally made it to the Met to see her favorite Robert Merrill only to discover he was being replaced by a young baritone no one had heard of, Sherrill Milnes. Such a moment occurred a few weeks ago when a very shy, insecure Welsh tenor appeared out of nowhere and has set the opera world, and perhaps the pop music world on fire.
Paul Potts gets a brief blurb in this article.
Below is an excerpt
Atop the crossover chart for the third consecutive week is One Chance by tenor Paul Potts, first prize winner on the U.K. television program Britain's Got Talent. Groban's Awake, at the upper end of the chart for nearly a year, rose one notch to no. 2; Wolfgang's Big Night Out, the classical pops collection by rock guitarist Brian Setzer and his orchestra that debuted last week at no. 2, slipped to no. 3.
Upcoming Paul Potts concert schedule
- Jan 17, 08 (Thu): Rhyl Pavilion Theatre, North Wales, England
- Jan 18, 08 (Fri): Rhyl Pavilion Theatre, North Wales, England
- Jan 19, 08 (Sat): Peterborugh Broadway, England
- Jan 21, 08 (Mon): Corn Exchange, Cambridge, England
- Jan 22, 08 (Tue): Royal Centre, Nottingham, England
- Jan 23, 08 (Wed): International Centre, Harrogate, England
- Jan 25, 08 (Fri): Aberdeen Music Hall, Aberdeen, England
- Jan 26, 08 (Sat): Clyde Auditorium, Glasgow, England
- Jan 27, 08 (Sun): Edinburgh Playhouse, Edinburgh, England
- Jan 29, 08 (Tue): City Hall, Newcastle, England
- Jan 30, 08 (Wed): City Hall, Sheffield, England
- February 1, 08 (Fri): International Arena, Cardiff, England
- February 2, 08 (Sat): Bridgewater Hall, Manchester, England
- February 3, 08 (Sun): Liverpool Empire, Liverpool, England
- February 5, 08 (Tue): Brighton Centre, Brighton, England
- February 6, 08 (Wed): New Theatre, Oxford, England
- February 8, 08 (Fri): Pavilions, Plymouth, England
- February 9, 08 (Sat): Guildhall, Portsmouth, England
- February 11, 08 (Mon): Hippodrome, Bristol, England
- February 12, 08 (Tue): Symphony Hall, Birmingham, England
- February 15, 08 (Fri): Victoria Hall, Stoke, England
- February 16, 08 (Sat): Regent Theatre, England
- February 17, 08 (Sun): Hammersmith Apollo, London, England
- March 11, 08 (Tue): Town Hall - Nw York, NY - (ticketmaster)
- March 26, 08 (Wed): The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA - (ticketmaster)
- April 6, 08 (Sun): Christchurch Hall Auditorium, New Zealand
- April 8, 08 (Tue): Michael Fowler Centre, New Zealand
- April 11, 08 (Fri): Rotorua Energy Event Centre, New Zealand
- April 13, 08 (Sun): ASB Theatre, Aotea Square, New Zealand
- April 16, 08 (Wed): Adelaide Festival Theatre, Australia
- April 18, 08 (Fri): Brisbane QPAC, Concert Hall, Australia
- April 20, 08 (Sun): Sydney Opera House, Concert Hall, Australia
- April 21, 08 (Mon): Melbourne the Arts Centre, Hamer Hall, Australia
- April 23, 08 (Wed): Perth Burswood Theatre, Australia
- May 13, 08 (Tue): Zealand + Oer, Frederiksborg centret, Denmark
- May 14, 08 (Wed): Zealand + Oer, Falconer Salen, Denmark
- May 15, 08 (Thu): Zealand + Oer, Falconer Salen, Denmark
- May 18, 08 (Sun): Jylland, Skovdalen I Aalborg, Denmark
- May 22, 08 (Thu): Solnahallen, Stockholm, Sweden
- May 23, 08 (Fri): Isstadion Malmo, Malmo, Sweden
- May 24, 08 (Mon): Lisebergshallen, Sweden
- May 20, 08 (Tue): Fyn + Langeland, Den Fynske Landsby, Denmark
- May 31, 08 (Sat): Fyn + Langeland, Den Fynske Landsby, Denmark
- June 3, 08 (Tue): Jylland, Messecenter Herning, Denmark
- June 4, 08 (Wed): Jylland, Ved Sonderbord Slot, Denmark
- June 6, 08 (Fri): Helsinki, Finland
Upcoming Paul Potts concert schedule
Paul potts DVD is out.
Active forum topics
- Paul Potts to headline Parkinson’s UK charity Christmas Concert
- Paul Potts prepares for benefit gig (New Zealand)
- Singing for Canterbury
- Potts puts own spin on film tunes
- (Vid) Germans ring in 2011 with a bang
- Paul Potts Subway Flash Opera
- Disability charity boosted by Treat from singing star
- Cinema Paradiso Tracklist
- Paul Potts' Career "Will Go On" without Simon Cowell
- Paul Potts First performance of track from 'Cinema Paradiso'
- Paul Potts dropped by record label
- Paul Potts Viaja al "Paradiso" en su Nuevo Álbum
- New Album In Autumn
- Paul Potts movie axed
- PAUL POTTS IS NICKED
- Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts walks for Haiti earthquake charity
- Your Review: Paul Potts, Edinburgh Playhouse
- Paul Potts on success: ‘I still pinch myself when I wake up’
- ITV bosses 'plan popstar opera show'