Paul Potts' Career "Will Go On" without Simon Cowell
To clarify recent headlines, although it is true that Paul Potts has moved away from Simon Cowell's record label Syco -- this does not mean that relations between the two big names have become in the least bit strained.
Paul Potts states, "For over three years, I’ve enjoyed a very successful collaboration with Simon Cowell and his record label Syco. I have treasured my time with them, and feel that I have learned a lot from everyone there." Paul Potts was the winner of the first season of “Britain’s Got Talent” in 2007, and his career has skyrocketed across the globe ever since.
n an article that Paul Potts has published on his personal Facebook profile, the artist also comments that the conditions of his contract with Syco concerned exclusively the territory of the United Kindom. What this means to the rest of us, is that his new recording “Cinema Paradiso”, the greatly anticipated third album of the British singer, will be released under Sony’s label and see light in every corner of the world in the months to come. This September 2010, Japan will be the first country able to enjoy the album, which is replete with big hits from the world of cinema, as interpreted by vocalist Paul Potts. After the release of “Cinema Paradiso” in Japan, it will continue to become available in myriad other countries and continents, including throughout the UK, Europe, North America and Australia. Specific release dates will be announced as they become known.
Paul also points out, "Please be reassured that the move away from Syco does not affect the release of Cinema Paradiso in any way; in fact I have been more involved than ever with how the record was made."
An impressive sign about this statement and Paul’s future is that “Cinema Paradiso” has been produced by none other than the famed Simon Franglen, producer of unforgettable hits such as Celine Dion’s version of “My Heart Will Go On” from “Titanic”, and music from“Moulin Rouge” and recent box office sensation “Avatar”.
Recent events seem to point to the first single coming out of “Cinema Paradiso” will be Paul’s own rendition of the Grammy and Academy award-winning smash hit “My Heart Will Go On” . Paul Potts performed the worldwide premiere of this very selection at the Bristol Harbour Festival on August 1st, 2010. As if the song wasn’t romantic enough to begin with, Paul’s version is in Italian, therefore entitled "Il Mio Cuore Va".
Article by Max Rende and Victoria W. Guadagno
Active forum topics
- Paul Potts to headline Parkinson’s UK charity Christmas Concert
- Paul Potts prepares for benefit gig (New Zealand)
- Singing for Canterbury
- Potts puts own spin on film tunes
- (Vid) Germans ring in 2011 with a bang
- Paul Potts Subway Flash Opera
- Disability charity boosted by Treat from singing star
- Cinema Paradiso Tracklist
- Paul Potts' Career "Will Go On" without Simon Cowell
- Paul Potts First performance of track from 'Cinema Paradiso'
- Paul Potts dropped by record label
- Paul Potts Viaja al "Paradiso" en su Nuevo Álbum
- New Album In Autumn
- Paul Potts movie axed
- PAUL POTTS IS NICKED
- Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts walks for Haiti earthquake charity
- Your Review: Paul Potts, Edinburgh Playhouse
- Paul Potts on success: ‘I still pinch myself when I wake up’
- ITV bosses 'plan popstar opera show'