Paul Potts gets the Tinseltown treatment as Hollywood looks to tell his life story
Click for a complete Paul Potts article
HE may be more stocky than Rocky, but now Paul Potts’ rags-to-riches story is to be given the similar inspirational Tinseltown treatment.
Proving that Hollywood loves an underdog, the former mobile-phone salesman from Port Talbot-turned-global opera sensation is having the story of his life transformed into a movie script by the man behind the recent Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman comedy-drama The Bucket List.
And, while the end result One Chance should hit our screens as early as next summer, Potts himself was typically unassuming about his meteoric rise being the stuff of good cinema.
“In many ways, I would love for it to be a comedy, because my wife says I’m unintentionally funny and very good at tripping over things,” said the self-deprecating, singing star, who admitted having had several meetings with writer Justin Zackham about the project.
“Besides, who would want to watch a 90-minute sob story?”
Active forum topics
- Paul Potts to headline Parkinson’s UK charity Christmas Concert
- Paul Potts prepares for benefit gig (New Zealand)
- Singing for Canterbury
- Potts puts own spin on film tunes
- (Vid) Germans ring in 2011 with a bang
- Paul Potts Subway Flash Opera
- Disability charity boosted by Treat from singing star
- Cinema Paradiso Tracklist
- Paul Potts' Career "Will Go On" without Simon Cowell
- Paul Potts First performance of track from 'Cinema Paradiso'
- Paul Potts dropped by record label
- Paul Potts Viaja al "Paradiso" en su Nuevo Álbum
- New Album In Autumn
- Paul Potts movie axed
- PAUL POTTS IS NICKED
- Britain's Got Talent winner Paul Potts walks for Haiti earthquake charity
- Your Review: Paul Potts, Edinburgh Playhouse
- Paul Potts on success: ‘I still pinch myself when I wake up’
- ITV bosses 'plan popstar opera show'